Four Bailed After Homeless Attack In Worthing
12:18pm 17th February 2017
Four people have been bailed, after a homeless woman was attacked with a razor blade in Worthing.
At around 6.45pm on Wednesday night police were called to the area near the Guildbourne Centre following reports an female had been assaulted.
The 31-year-old victim, believed to be part of the street community, was found to have serious hand injuries, thought to have been inflicted with a razor during an attack in nearby Chapel Road.
She was taken by ambulance to Worthing Hospital where she was detained for treatment.
Police officers searched the area and four women were arrested on suspicion of wounding offences.
A 21-year-old Worthing woman arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent, common assault and violent disorder has been bailed to March 31st while enquiries continue.
A 20-year-old Worthing woman arrested on suspicion of similar offences has been bailed until Tuesday, March 28th.
A 19-year-old woman from Lancing and a 17-year-old girl from Worthing, both arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent, have also been bailed until March 28th.
Anyone who saw the incident or who may have other relevant information is asked to email email@example.com, quoting serial 1013 of 15/02.
Never miss the news stories that matter to you. Subscribe to a daily news round-up sent directly to your email inbox each day.
Share This StoryTweet
A Worthing landlord has been fined for putting tenants at risk
And it's not the first time...
Man attacked with machete in Sompting
50-year-old man taken to hospital with serious arm injuries
PHOTO: Arrest made after puppy theft
Barney is now back home in Barnham
PHOTOS: Arrest made after car rammed off the road near Chichester
The driver says it could have killed him
UPDATE: Former Sussex marine has his sentence downgraded
West Sussex News: Alexander Blackman could walk free within weeks
Leyton Orient stave off winding up order after £1m pledge by owner
Sport: A £1m pledge from the owner of Leyton Orient FC has saved the club from a winding-up order, but fans believe the club is still in "mortal danger".
Battle for Mosul: US 'probably had role in civilian casualties'
World News: The top American commander in Iraq says the US probably had a role in civilian casualties in the battle to retake Mosul from Islamic State.